Pool & Deck Supervisor
Salary: from 1400$ per month
Department/ Division: Housekeeping
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 80%
Manager title: Assistant Housekeeping Managers
Position summary: Supervisor Pools & Decks supervises a team of crew members that work on the open decks.
- Ensure all staff complies with company standards regarding dress and appearance (Carnival Look Book).
- Completion of special tasks as set by the onboard Housekeeping Management and reporting of problems performing these tasks.
- Supervision of housekeeping operation on open deck areas (verandas, external swimming pools, whirlpool areas etc) and supervision of crewmembers working on the open decks.
- Training and development of crewmembers.
- Ensure a safe operation on the open decks and maintain cleanliness of housekeeping cleaning equipment and lockers located in the Open Deck areas.
- Ensure that crewmembers comply with the Garbage Management Program, with particular emphasis on garbage separation.
- Report all maintenance issues to Assistant Housekeeping Managers.
- Fluent in conversational & written English, hospitable with a positive attitude.
- Applicant should be self-motivated with a 1 year background in hotel/resort supervisory role or other similar vacational education preferred but not required.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 1 years experience in a Hotel or Cruise Line in similar capacity.
- Computer skills are required (MS office) for the job.
- Applicant should be familiar with working in the Housekeeping Industry having an understanding of Standard Operating Procedures of this department able to organise and manage a small team of 15 to 20 persons