Commis de Cuisine
Job title: Commis de Cuisine
Salary: 1000$ per month
Department/ Division: Galley
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 80%
Manager title: Chef de Partie
Position summary: Performs basic cooking functions within all galleys on board, which involves buffet preparation and plate presentation in banquet and a la carte style. Maintains the line’s high culinary standard.
- Ensure that he/she understands the portion of the menu content, which includes recipes and food presentation guidelines.
- Participates on food preparation and presentation during assigned meal hours.
- Follows proper procedures when recycling food from over production.
- Maintains timely preparation, food finishing and garnishing of menu items, including buffet preparation.
- Assist to set-up of breakfast, luncheon, and dinner service lines and to ensure that menu items are re-supplied as deemed necessary.
- Age 20 years & up
- Excellent skills in the execution of basic cooking techniques.
- Excellent skills in the prepping of basic stocks and basic sauces.
- Excellent knife skills. Knowledge of basic preparation, presentation and preservation of food
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Positive attitude.
- Basic command of English language.