Chef de Partie
Job title: Chef de Partie
Salary: 1700 $ per month
Department/ Division: Galley
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 80%
Manager title: Sous Chef
Position summary: Direct a dedicated Food Production team ensuring the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products in accordance with company corporate menu cycles.
- Work effectively as part of the Chef de Partie team, supervising and directing a dedicated food production team.
- Support the development of staff within own area.
- Ensure staff are competent to undertake their roles by identifying training needs and coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Oversee the service standard and quality of all dishes / food products served, ensuring they meet the required high standards.
- Liaise effectively with Senior Chefs to confirm the daily menu requirements and discuss the daily working processes of the team, keeping them informed of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients.
- Ensure food products provided are within budget and in line with the corporate menu cycle, keeping wastage to a minimum.
- Age 20 years & up
- City & Guilds 7061/2 or equivalent recognised hotel / culinary diploma / qualification
- NVQ I or II Food Production / Preparation qualification or equivalent
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering desirable
- Experience of working within a 4 / 5 star volume hotel or restaurant establishment preferred
- Good command of written and spoken English