Job title: Bartender
Salary: 1000$ per month + tips
Department/ Division: Bar Services
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 90%
Manager title: Bar Supervisor
Position summary: Supervise a bar outlet, ensuring the requirements of passengers and / or crew are met. Ensure a cost effective and smooth operation is maintained, adhering to company service standards.
- Run an allocated bar outlet, producing all beverages to the required company standards.
- Actively generate bar cost profit by promoting agreed campaigns increasing cash profit generating opportunities and working to exceed targets.
- Ensure all passengers billing is correctly entered into the relevant system in a timely manner.
- Ensure all working and cleaning routines and rotas are followed and the appearance and condition of all items including glasses, equipment and bottles meet the required standards.
- Undertake the supervision of staff within own area. Implement schedules as set out by Bar Supervisor.
- Make sure staff are competent to undertake their roles by identifying training needs and coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Assist with the effective resolution of any service complaints.
- Ensure the team comply with the all Responsible Serving of Alcohol policies and procedures and inform the Bar Services Manager when a passenger has consumed excessive alcohol.
- WSET Level 2 in Wines and Spirits or NVQ I/II in Beverage Service or a recognised qualification in Hotel / Hospitality Management or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- Experience of working within a volume hotel or 4*/5* restaurant establishment required
- Experience of supervising staff within a service environment desirable
- Working knowledge of budgets and cost profit within a bar services environment
- Knowledge of preparing cocktails
- Competent in the use of most MS Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English