Doctor Physician Onboard
Job title: Chef de Partie
Salary: 9000 $ per month
Department/ Division: Medical
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 95%
Manager title: Senior Physician
Position summary: The medical team on board consists of 1 or 2 highly experienced and skilled physicians and 3 or 4 highly experienced and skilled registered nurses, depending upon the size of the vessel. We maintain a skill mix, which suits the needs of each vessel, and in doing so; we endeavor to provide consistently high standards of care and medical knowledge within the medical centers on board.
- Evaluation and treatment of medical, surgical, gynecological and pediatric problems
- Suturing of wounds
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Interpretation of electrocardiograms
- Reduction of simple dislocations.
- Splinting and immobilization procedures.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support procedures and treatments; including emergency airway management
- Evaluation of ophthalmologic emergencies
- Administration of thrombolytic agents
- Basic x-ray interpretation
- Must demonstrate professional appearance at all times, this includes no visible tattoos, body piercings, etc.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- Highly preferred Emergency Medicine Specialist or minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Emergency Department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced care medical equipment e.g.: Defibrillators, Ventilator, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc.
- Certifications: Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS).