Job title: Receptionist
Salary: from 1200$
Department/ Division: Hotel
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 95%
Manager title: Reception Manager
Position summary: Provide exceptional customer service to passengers, ensuring that all relevant revenue and cost control processes relating to passenger services are successfully followed at all times. Handle passenger enquiries, issues and complaints and ensure an effective resolution is achieved.
- Provide a smooth and efficient passenger check-in service, ensuring the highest levels of customer service are provided at all times.
- Register passenger credit cards or other payment methods to personal accounts and ensure all charges are correctly entered onto passenger folios.
- Collect payments for outstanding passenger charges at the end of each cruise ensuring accurate settlement, and deal with account queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide a cash handling service through the Reception desk, including foreign exchange transactions for passengers.
- Accurately maintain and balance a cash float and account for any variances.
- Recognised hotel qualification i.e. HND in Hotel or Hospitality Management is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a busy 4 / 5 star hotel or cruise ship environment is essential
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Fluent in German is desirable and brand specific to Cunard
- Previous cash handling experience
- Strong computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software
- Strong administration background