Job title: Assistant Waiter
Salary: from $900 per month + tips
Department/ Division: Restaurant
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 80%
Manager title: Directly responsible to the Maitre d & Asst Maitre d’s
Position summary: Will be responsible to collect food orders from the galley and to assist the Waiter with the food and beverage service of the guests.Follows scheduled assignments in 3 main areas namely ¨ Employee Dining rooms ¨ Room service ¨ Alternate Dining
- To be prompt for all duties and functions, as per Company’s standard
- When assigned to Staff & Crew or Alternate Dining, use Company’s standard table services.
- To be groomed meticulously and ready for guest service with a smile always following the look book.
- To carry the tools of the trade.
- To study and follow USPH standards
- To follow garbage separation procedures and all other environmental issues on board
- To train to become a Team Waiter
- To assist in additional duties as requested by the ships management.
- Age 20 years & up
- Conversational English
- Being hospitable, positive and motivated, willingness to learn
- Service experience in a Cafe / Restaurant serving continental cuisine (at least one year)
- Preferably some shipboard related working experience or with international clientele