Job title: Nurse Onboard
Salary: 4500 $ per month
Department/ Division: Medical
Position grade: Marlin’s test at the minimum score of 95%
Manager title: The Lead Nurse
Position summary: There are three positions for Nurses onboard. The Nurses report to the ship’s Physician as well the Clinical Staffing Manager Shoreside. Each Registered Nurse is accountable for his/her own actions whilst providing health care to both guests and crew and is responsible for maintaining registration with their licensing body.
- Identify emergent, urgent and non-emergent patients in a timely manner, in order to facilitate optimum levels of health care
- Perform accurate and ongoing assessments of patients’ physical and psychological problems
- Understand and react effectively to the needs of patients of all age groups (pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Perform nursing care in a proficient, calm and professional manner during a crisis, increased workload or emergency situation
- Initiate nursing intervention for non-urgent patients, such as but not limited to ice application, dressings, splints and bandages
- Assist the physician with procedures/treatments, document nursing interventions/observations in a timely manner
- Calculate correct drug dosage and administer medication as per physician’s prescription/order
- Set up treatment rooms, check emergency equipment, maintain established par levels of medical supplies/medications
- Co-ordinate crew medical care with shore side Crew Medical Coordinators/ship’s agents, as outlined in the Global HESS
- Must demonstrate professional appearance at all times, this includes no visible tattoos, body piercings, etc.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Emergency Department or ICU with high level knowledge of advanced care medical equipment e.g.: Defibrillators, Ventilator, C-pap, Bi-pap, etc.
- International exposure preferred.
- Certifications: Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS), or International Trauma Live Support (ITLS).