Guest Services Associates
Job title: Guest Services Associates
Salary: $1600 per month
Department/ Division: Guest Services
Position grade: International Staff
Manager title: Guest Services Manager
Position summary: To consistently deliver the highest standarts of customer service to all guests visiting Guest Services. This include answering any questions guests may have, providing information on ship and ports of call and ensuring any issue is documented correctly using the relevant software program and that it is followed up with in a timely manner.
- Personify Carnival’s image of a first class resort through friendly, prompt, attentive, courteous and personal service in a professional environment.
- Work scheduled Front Desk shifts at Purser / Information Desk with the primary focus of extending information as warranted and following up on requests as needed.
- Fulfilling balancing of float (imprest funds) commensurate with above transactions as per established policies and procedures.
- Register guests for sail/sign program.
- Log all complaints and concerns from guests into the onboard incident report.
- Follow up with guests to ensure maximum guest service.
- Notify appropriate service provided (technical department or otherwise) to service cabin problems, special requests, etc., and follow-up accordingly.
- To provide guest with accurate information on all shore excursions provided by company, actually taking part and going on all tours to become familiar and knowledgeable with the excursions in an effort to provide information requested by our guests to maximize sales revenue.
- Age - 21 years & up
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English language skills in - both written & verbal.
- Candidates are fluent in the 2nd following languages: * Japanese (needed as soon as possible) * German (fluent – for the end of the year – October/ November college) * French (fluent for the end of the year – October/ November college) * Italians (fluent for the end of the year – October/ November college)
- Be able to perform cash transactions including, but not limited to, cashing travelers checks, selling stamps, making change and settlement of accounts.